Sunday, February 8, 2009

Late to the Funeral

A customer just popped in to ruin my day with the news that domino magazine has shuttered. Beyond depressing, as this is just the latest in a recent string of magazine deaths. The first and worst to come to my attention being House & Garden. The Venerable House & Garden! I should have know that newer mags would not be long for this world. Domino, however, I thought would survive through the recession, as it's point-of-view is unlike any other shelter magazine's out there. I never felt cool enough for the magazine (see previous post) but I really, really loved its DIY perspective, as it made me feel like I COULD be cool...someday. And now that day will never come. So thanks Kelly, for the bummer news about domino. Happier to hear the news from you, however - someone else who loved it - than reading a sad little post on domino's website. *sigh*

Domino Magazine: RIP

Now, onto hopefully a happier subject: projects.

Here is a photo of a recent frame I made. Kind of Asian, kind of trendy-crafty.


A recent view of the shop. Arrange, then re-arrange, then re-arrange some more! is my motto. The very happening vintage glass lamp is sold, but the glass bottles I will always have with me. Love those and can't stop carrying them, even when I'm afraid that my glass bottle market has been saturated. The shapes are very compelling.